Enterprises have historically proven to be immensely successful at advancing existing business models. However, they often fail to identify new disruptive opportunities for growth and expansion. On the other hand, startups are great at re-envisioning how an industry can operate and grow. Innovation, especially championed by IT and Engineering organizations is crucial to a company’s success by giving a competitive edge in penetrating markets faster. With that in mind, Innovation Minds has built a comprehensive Assessment to understand any IT Organization’s strengths and opportunities, also we keep maturing our industry benchmark to compare/contrast yours with your peers, so you can laser-focus your efforts on the right areas.
What and how we assess Corporate IT programs?
How the scores are calculated by our assessment?
The above exercise is pretty quick. It can be completed by any stakeholder in about 15-30 minutes and results in a visual way to represent where one’s Innovation Program technology sits in comparison to industry benchmarks. Additionally, it can be completed by multiple individuals within an organization to calibrate a mutual understanding between their collective Innovation Program departments and/or other internal stakeholders. Maturity (scale of 1 to 10) is explained below.
- Just realized – Process not in place, however, there is a realization of the need.
- Initial (chaotic, ad hoc, individual heroics) – the starting point for use of a new or undocumented repeat process.
- Repeatable – the process is at least documented sufficiently such that repeating the same steps may be attempted.
- Defined – the process is defined/confirmed as a standard business process.
- Capable – the process is quantitatively managed in accordance with agreed-upon metrics.
- Efficient – process management includes deliberate process optimization/improvement.
- Innovator – Started challenging status-quo and incremental innovation started at the edges.
- Disruptor – The tangible impact of the innovation has been proven, started institutionalizing the sustainable.
- Market leader – You are nailing it.
- World-class – The true north of all.
And the final Report is:
** Blue bar represents Innovation Minds benchmark baselined from 25+ companies we worked with, and the black line represents where you may stand.