With increasing economic pressures and exponential growth in technological innovations, companies are increasingly relying on digital technologies to fulfill their innovation and value creation agendas. At the same time, based on the increasing levels of cyber-security breaches, it is clear that the trustworthiness of many established and new technologies are not yet well addressed or appreciated as a fundamental core value in the new digital economy.
So, it is essential that enterprise innovation teams and information security organizations establish a trusting and win-win alliance for the success of both organizations. In this benchmark report, we have laid out a framework to assess your Information Security Organizations’ strengths and opportunities from Innovation and disruption angles, and how both these organizations can join forces to move the needle on both Info-security and Innovation fronts in lock-in steps.
What and how we assess Information Security programs?
How the scores are calculated by our assessment?
The above exercise is pretty quick. It can be completed by any stakeholder in about 15-30 minutes, and results in a visual way to represent where one’s Innovation Program technology sits in comparison to industry benchmarks. Additionally, it can be completed by multiple individuals within an organization to calibrate a mutual understanding between their collective Innovation Program departments and/or other internal stakeholders. Maturity (scale of 1 to 10) is explained below.
- Just realized – Process not in place, however there is a realization of the need.
- Initial (chaotic, ad hoc, individual heroics) – the starting point for use of a new or undocumented repeat process.
- Repeatable – the process is at least documented sufficiently such that repeating the same steps may be attempted.
- Defined – the process is defined/confirmed as a standard business process.
- Capable – the process is quantitatively managed in accordance with agreed-upon metrics.
- Efficient – process management includes deliberate process optimization/improvement.
- Innovator – Started challenging status-quo and incremental innovation started at the edges.
- Disruptor – Tangible impact of the innovation has been proven, started institutionalizing the sustainable.
- Market leader – You are nailing it.
- World class – The true north of all.
And the final Report is:
** Blue bar represents Innovation Minds benchmark baselined from 25+ companies we worked with, and the black line represents where you may stand.